Invisalign is an exciting new technology that allows adults and many teens to have their teeth straightened without the use of any wires, brackets, or metal. Invisalign uses a series of transparent, plastic trays to gradually straighten the teeth. There are several factors about this technology that make it a top choice.
What Is Invisalign?
- Simple Oral Hygiene – Any patient who has worn braces is aware of the struggle to care for their teeth around the metal and wire. Since the Invisalign trays slip off very quickly and easily, they can be removed regularly for simple and thorough brushing, flossing, and rinsing.
- Fewer Dentist Appointments – While braces need regular adjustment at the dentist’s office, the adjustments with Invisalign are made by simply slipping in the next plastic tray. Also, the total treatment time is usually less than the time needed for braces.
- Tooth extraction is rarely necessary for Invisalign.
- No Food Restrictions – Since the Invisalign trays are easily removable for eating and oral hygiene, patients are not required to follow any program of food restrictions.
- Great Aesthetics – The alignment trays used in the Invisalign treatment are transparent plastic. It is nearly impossible for anyone to tell that you are wearing them. You will smile without hesitation!
- More comfortable – Invisalign trays do not have any wires or brackets to chafe at the inside of your mouth, lips, and gums.